More than a school, a community
Academic excellence rooted in faith.
Our Lady of the Holy Souls Catholic School serves preschool through 8th grade students in Little Rock, Arkansas. Located in the Hillcrest neighborhood of Little Rock, the school has served the central Arkansas community since 1927.
Our Lady of the Holy Souls Catholic School (also known as "Holy Souls School") is an Arkansas Nonpublic School Accrediting Association accredited school.
Engaged faculty and staff who know every student and every family:
- Small class sizes make Holy Souls School different. At Holy Souls School, class sizes only average up to 18 students per classroom in grades PreK4-2nd and 30 in grades 3rd-8th. This allows our dedicated teachers to utilize differentiated learning techniques and give individual attention to each student.
- Enthusiasm and dedication give the teachers at Holy Souls the ability to engage students, have the desire for all students to succeed, and are competent in the subject matters. Not only are the outstanding in the classrooms, but they are all committed to being lifelong learners, themselves, participating in various in-service and continuing education opportunities throughout the year.
- Our innovative curriculum challenges students to reach their highest academic potential. Our dedicated teachers strive to maintain a high level of contact with the students and parents throughout each year.
Above and Beyond the Core Curriculum:
- Students are required to take Art, Music, Technology, Spanish, and Physical Education, in addition to their core curriculum. They are also provided the opportunity to participate in several extracurricular activities; Altar Service, Archery, Basketball, Cheerleading, Choir, Cross-Country, Football, Golf, Robotics Club, Track and Field, Volleyball, Choir, and Yearbook.
- Catholic students have the opportunity to live their faith daily through religion classes, planning and participating in weekly liturgies.
- Catholic students begin Sacramental Preparation in 1st grade, preparing for the sacrament of Reconciliation and First Holy Eucharist in 1st grade, completing their preparations with the celebration of these sacraments in 2nd grade. The sacrament of Confirmation is celebrated in 8th grade.
- Students, faculty, and staff begin their day with a school-wide prayer. There are numerous other opportunities for prayer and meditation throughout the day in the classroom, including Adoration on Wednesdays.
Giving back to others:
- The students hold fundraisers throughout the year for various charitable organizations.
- Students coordinate special projects that benefit the needs of the community. As new projects are introduced, it allows us to discuss the many ways we can demonstrate God’s love in the form of helping others.
- Students volunteer with local organizations and are encouraged to give back to those around them.
- At Holy Souls School, we are blessed by an active PTO. Parent volunteers offer a huge resource and support base for the school community, while showing their kids the importance of participating in the larger community.
Students at Holy Souls School can participate in numerous extracurricular activities.
Organized sports teams include: archery and golf for grades 6th-8th both boys and girls; basketball; cross-country; track and field for grades 5th-8th both boys and girls; cheerleading for 7th and 8th grade girls; football for grades 5th-8th boys; and volleyball for grades 5th-8th girls. All team sports are coached by volunteers. These teams compete with teams from other schools in the Little Rock diocese.
Additional activities include the choir, annual programs, local field trips, yearbook, Altar Service, participation in the Mu Alpha Theta math contest, and our award-winning robotics team.
Come See for Yourself
We invite you to contact us for more information and to schedule a visit to see how Our Lady of Holy Souls Catholic School can help build a foundation of faith, learning, love, and respect in your child.
Email us at HSS@holysouls.org for more information today!